Go to the vendor market to identify, evaluate and select the optimal mix of products, services, suppliers and cost in accordance with the IS Strategic Plan. For public sector organisations, the process must comply with Audit Office guidelines.
Undertake a procurement process for a specific application in close consultation with the customer. The steps to be undertaken will vary in each case according to what is being procured and governance issues. The steps are:
- Assemble Evaluation Panel;
- Gather business requirements;
- Prepare Request for Information (if required) and/or a Request for Proposal;
- Managing the issue and response process;
- Tender evaluation and vendor selection;
- Refine proposals from short-listed vendors;
- Issue Letter of Intent to preferred vendor(s) to enter contract negotiations.
- Achieve best cost performance for infrastructure being acquired;
- Identify the most suitable method of vendor engagement in each specific case.
"Technology search and selection is an on-going requirement for organisations as they seek to maintain and extend their capabilities with change. We provide best-practice approaches in this important area. The key to successful and cost-effective procurement is adapting the approach used to suit each customer situation."